CCNA 3.4.b: Switch Virtual Interface (SVI)
Switch Virtual Interfaces (SVI) are vlan interfaces with IP addresses configured on switches.
- Switch Virtual Interfaces (SVI) are vlan interfaces with IP addresses
- Yes it's Switch Virtual Interface not Switched Virtual Interface
- They are found on layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- The physical switchport is a layer 2 access or trunk port
- The vlan is the layer 3 interface with the IP address
- The vlan must be associated with a physical port for the SVI to be active
- Useful for troubleshooting connectivity and for remote access to a switch for management purposes
PacketTracer Lab: CCNA-3.4.b-Switch-Virtual-Interface-SVI.pkt
Subscribe Now for access to the labs!